In this assignment, students will review a microbial journal article.
Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source that uses a microbe as a model organism/system and write a comprehensive summary of the study that
answers the following questions:
Choose one article from a primary scientific literature source that uses a microbe as a model organism/system.
NOTE: Many free articles may be obtained from http://www.pubmed.gov
Write a summary of the study that includes:
1. Why did the scientists perform the study (i.e., description of background)?
2. What was the hypothesis (or hypotheses) under investigation?
3. What were the major results and did they support or negate the
hypothesis? Which key techniques were used to achieve these results?
4. Why are the results significant and do they point to further/future
studies? In other words, why does this article matter and what should or
could be done next?
5. Why did you choose this particular article to review? Was it interesting,
informative, clearly written, or none of the above?
Compose your review in current APA Style and include:
A title page
Answers to the questions above in
paragraph format (2 or more pages)
A reference page with the reference
for your article and any other
sources used in your review.