Critical Thinking-1 (250-300 words, combine 1 to 5)
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
- Molly, a twenty-three-year-old college graduate with a 3.5 GPA, was hired as an administrative assistant. She was a fast learner on all the software, but her supervisor had to help her with punctuation. On the ninth day of her job, she resigned, saying: “I just don’t think this job is a good fit. Commas, semicolons, spelling, typos—those kinds of things just aren’t all that important to me. They just don’t matter.” For what kind of job is Molly qualified?
- Why is audience analysis so important in the selection of the direct or indirect strategy of organization for a business message?
- How are speakers different from writers in the way they emphasize ideas?
- Why are short sentences and short paragraphs appropriate for business communication?
- Ethical Issue: Discuss the ethics of the indirect strategy of organization. Is it manipulative to delay the presentation of the main idea in a message?
Critical Thinking-2 (250-300 words, combine 1 to 3)
- Assume that a recently hired culinary product manager is charged with generating and implementing new menu suggestions. What role does communication skill play in this person’s effectiveness in completing this task?
- Do you think a culinary product manager would make an oral or a written presentation of new menu ideas?
- Why is a writing process helpful in developing a presentation of new ideas?