SolarTrend (ST) is a three-year-old global solar energy company. They configure solar panels for home and industrial use. In the last year, they have had many client complaints that the company is not culturally sensitive regarding their employees and that they do not seem willing to collaborate on the installations in areas of the world that are difficult areas to access by good roads or plane. The CEO has tasked you as the new human resources director to address this issue because they are losing business customers, besides homeowners. You take a look at the organization, and it seems to be populated with only white males, and lately, the company’s employees backed down from installing panels for a company in Africa due to accessibility concerns.
· Identify how diversity relates to competitiveness.
· List three implications of competitiveness for the global company portrayed in the scenario providing supporting details in the notes.
· List three implications of collaboration for the global company portrayed in the scenario providing supporting details in the notes.
· State five total steps a company can take to cultivate a diverse workforce according to the reading with supporting details provided in the notes.
· Outline an implementation plan for SolarTrend to make their workforce more diverse, sensitive to customer needs, and collaborative. Include supporting details in the notes below each slide.