Please answer the following short answer questions. Answers should be clear and concise to address the main points of each topic as discussed in the subsequent weeks with a minimum of 250 words. An associated diagram/graph should be drawn (student-created) or included from the Internet (please include the URL) to help clarify any of your points. Utilize the checklist below to assist with the completion of each essay answer:
10 points: The information is correct and the main points of the topic are explained appropriately.
5 points: A personal example or an application is included, which effectively help to strengthen the topic’s points.
5 points: An appropriate diagram/graph is included to enhance the topic’s points. The diagram/graph could be student-created or an image from the Internet (please include the URL).
5 points: There are no grammatical and/or spelling errors.
5 points: Each topic question is answered in a minimum of 250 words.
Short Answer Topic #1:
- Explain the action potential of a cardiac pacemaker cell.
Short Answer Topic #2:
- Explain the action potential of a cardiomyocyte cell.
Short Answer Topic #3:
- Explain the cardiac cycle.
Short Answer Topic #4:
- Explain the affects of the autonomic nervous system on heart activity, including the specific receptors.
Short Answer Topic #5:
- Explain the different blood types and a transfusion reaction.
Short Answer Topic #6:
- Explain the clotting pathways.