Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.Instructions
The “Assignment Format” on the Course Home page is listed below.
Format Requirements (Print this page)
Use the following format requirements on all submissions.
Writing Style APA (American Psychological Association)
Note: To find detailed information on APA manuscript style guidelines on the Internet, go to www.apastyle.org .
Margins 1” all sides
Paragraph The entire document should be double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″)
Type Style and Size Times New Roman, 12 point
Software MS Word
The following information should be on the first page on the top left side of the page in the format provided below. Do not provide a cover sheet.
Student Identification Number
Course Number and Title
Assignment Number and Title
Date of Submission
Additional resources for assignment
C01J Introduction to Business
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
1. The text says that Toyota has focused on quality as its operations capability. Describe two (2) ways that Toyota’s operations might have changed if it had focused on low cost instead of quality.
2. FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service compete for many of the same customers. Describe two (2) ways that their strategies for attracting customers are different.
Mary Ann has always loved to cook and is interested in starting a catering business. Being aware of the failure rate of new businesses, she is considering buying an existing catering business that is up for sale. The current owners claim that the business is highly profitable, but Mary Ann has her doubts. She wonders why the owners would be so interested in selling the business if it is such a money maker. Furthermore, the price that they are asking seems high to Mary Ann. Without any formal training in accounting, Mary Ann asks a friend, Rolanda, for advice.
1. Rolanda suggests that Mary Ann may benefit from the services of a noncertified public accountant. Describe two (2) types of services that could be provided.
2. The auditor’s report has come back and Mary Ann is reviewing the financial statements. The current balance sheet shows that the business has more liabilities than assets. Why would this explain the need to sell the business? Provide two (2) supporting facts.
3. Rolanda suggests that, even with the negative owners’ equity, this business might still be worth buying. Describe one (1) other indicator within the auditor’s report that they should consider for this decision.