Choose between bipolar, major depression, or a somatic disorder. Create a newsletter or brochure that is between 750–1,200 words, either through Canva.com, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft PowerPoint, to address the following:
- Describe the chosen disorder and the assigned code from the current DSM.
- Which psychological model best fits this disorder (i.e., biological, cognitive)?
- Discuss the etiology of this disorder and the common symptoms, including the manifestation of the symptoms.
- Identify the different forms of treatment and therapy commonly prescribed for this disorder. Discuss the efficacy while considering a multicultural worldview.
- Examine the values and belief systems about behavioral health disorders across cultures. How would the various stigmas or beliefs affect treatment options?
- List national and local resources where someone can receive support for this disorder.
- Include a minimum of two scholarly sources to support your assignment.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Bipolar, Major Depression, or a Somatic Disorder
Just from $13/Page