You are required to write a 1500-word Laboratory report for the lab on Beam Reactions (worth 100% of the mark for this assignment), students should use the same data collected from the practical session.
The lab report you are required to produce should demonstrate the following:
· An understanding of Engineering principles covered during practical sessions.
· Clear structure with introduction, main body and conclusions.
· Accurate referencing using the CU Harvard referencing guide.
· Ability to carry out an experiment, data acquisition and processing.
· Apply the relevant formulas to compare your experimental results with theoretical calculation.
Guidance notes and considerations
A report template will be provided to guide you in writing your report.
Tips for success in this module:
· Download, print and read the lab sheets before attending the lab sessions.
· Complete the laboratory exercises, with the help of a demonstrator at the time allocated.
· Take comprehensive notes during the lab sessions to help when writing your final report
· Attend all lectures, in order to have an understanding of the topics covered in the lab. The lecturer will show you a sample of well-prepared report and explain how to write a laboratory report during one of these lectures.
· Submit your report through Moodle.