Please state the Australia of your choice. Your issues paper should:
- construct (or frame) the issue as a problem
- provide an analysis that proposes a variety of options for addressing the problem presented.
This task is designed to provide you with an important (positivist) point of reference when engaging in various post-positivist forms of analysis in subsequent assignments for this topic.
In this assessment you need to:
- select one of the prescribed issues
- present the ‘essence’ of the problem (ie describe the problem in such a way that it is amenable to policy action)
- provide options for addressing the problem.
To achieve this you will need to:
- Research your chosen issue. Read widely, and look for relevant policy research on your chosen issue. Relevant policy research might include consideration of:
- Solutions from other jurisdictions
- Analysis of implementation issues
- Economic considerations
- Social impact or cost-benefit analyses
- Exploration of rights conflicts, or conflicts in values
- Political concerns and conflicts raised by your chosen issue.