Available Water and Infiltration HW
For the two homework problems presented below; use one spreadsheet with as many sheets as needed. Indicate given, required and present a solution with active cells. The spreadsheet should be a live spreadsheet with input values stated in their special cells. Reference any information you use and state any assumptions.
HW Problem 1:
You are trying to determine infiltration characteristics for an agricultural field in Yuma, AZ. You used a dual ring infiltrometer to determine the empirical constants in the Kostiakov Equation. Assume you collected the measured data provided in table shown below.
|Time (min)||Time (hours)||Depth of water in the Infiltrometer (mm)|
- Kostiakov empirical constants. Plot cumulative infiltrated depths (mm) vs. opportunity time in hours. Please provide the constants with units, equation and R2.
- Equation for infiltration rate (use same units: mm and hours). Plot infiltrated depth (mm) vs. time (hours).
- Determine the value for : Constant infiltration rate, hydraulic conductivity of the soil.
HW Problem 2:
- Soil with 15% sand content and 54% clay content
- Crop: Spinach
- Farm location: Yuma, AZ
- Infiltration Data Sheet given in Problem 1 above
- Available water to the crop when irrigating to field capacity
- How long would it take to apply the available water depth based on infiltration function you found in HW problem 1.