GRADING CRITERIA FOR LAB PORTFOLIO
You will be responsible for creating a portfolio entry providing evidence of your proficiency in each of the five student learning outcomes:
- Develop a hypothesis to a scientific question, design an experiment to test the hypothesis, and
write a scientific paper on the results of an experiment.
- Analyze biological data and develop a conclusion using scientific reasoning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure and function of cells.
- Use a light microscope to view cell structure and document findings using drawings.
- Solve problems involving Mendelian inheritance and genetics.
Each portfolio entry should focus on a single learning outcome and include a visual artifact along with a paragraph explaining how the artifact you included provides evidence of proficiency in the learning outcome you selected. Artifacts may in the form of an image, screenshot, short video, or series of up to three images, and may include a portion of an assignment that you completed this semester and are proud of, but you do not need to use something that you were required to do for class. You may not simply upload a copy of an entire assignment (since that is larger than an imagine, screenshot, short video, or series of up to three images). Examples of acceptable artifacts can be found on Blackboard under the Lab Portfolio tab.
Portfolio Entry (2 points for each of five student learning outcomes)
- Includes an artifact (in the form of an image, screenshot, short video, or series of up to three
images) inserted in the text of the post (rather than an attachment) that demonstrates evidence of
proficiency in the student learning outcome identified in the title of the post
- Provides clear justification for how the artifact demonstrates understanding of the student learning
outcome identified in the title of the post