Write a 4–6 page paper, titled “Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce,” in which you:
- Analyze at least two laws or two court decisions that have implications for the agency’s personnel management (title this section “Laws Affecting the Agency”).
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to LGBTQ issues, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”).
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to ethics and diversity training programs provided for new and existing employees, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Ethics and Diversity Training”).
- Recommend at least two actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a diversified workforce (title this section “Recommendations for Recruiting and Training a Diversified Workforce”).
- Appropriately incorporate at least four quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Go to Basic Search: University Online Library to conduct research.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Refer to the PAD530 Scenario for Assignments [DOCX] and the PAD530 Interview Guide [DOCX] for this assignment.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess a federal or state agency’s legal and ethical approach to recruiting and training a diversified workforce.