Directions: Answer the questions below in well developed paragraphs. Make sure to use textual evidence in your responses and to provide analysis/ commentary.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
A Doll’s House Act II
- Assignment must meet MLA standards (indentation, font style, font size, as well as citations/Works Cited)
- Well-developed paragraphs contain at least 7-10 college level sentences. Answering in less often leads to lack of analysis and well developed thought.
- Use evidence from the text as support.
Act II Questions
- Analyze the setting as Act II opens. How does it reflect the internal conflict Nora is experiencing? Be specific.
- Describe the tarantella. (You may need to go online.) Discuss how this dance is a symbol for Nora’s state-of-mind. Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
- What do you think Nora’s intentions are regarding Dr. Rank? In answering this question, think about their relationship. Why do they seem such close friends? Is Nora capable of having a close friend?
- One of the many themes in this play is the idea of appearance vs. reality. Discuss this theme as it has been developed so far in the first two acts.
- How does Nora act toward Torvald, especially when she wants something? How does this reveal societal attitudes of the time toward women.